CONNECTING EXPERTS, INFORMING PATIENTS
The 2019 v-WINter meeting was dedicated to the analysis of phlebo-lymphology Global Guidelines similarities and controversies
This year, v-WINter international-inter-university meeting presents the unique opportunity of co-working with the most important Health and Communication Institutions for delivering Fake News Free information to the venous and lymphatic patients.
Indeed, the not-for-profit initiative is hosted on purpose during the week of Health of the World EXPO in the stunning DUBAI, where more than 25 millions visitors are expected.
The congress Faculty includes the most renowned experts of the world, who will teamwork also with under 40 years old in the creation of a consensus document dedicated to proper evidence-based information to the patients.
The document will be linked to a webpage available in multiple languages, so to reach the largest number of people.
Together with this initiative, the most recent venous and lymphatic scientific news and innovations are present in the program, while sessions dedicated to “instructions for users” will provide to all the attendees the opportunity of a significant improvement in the disease management skills.
A rich social program will allow the full enjoyment of the amazing venue, while offering also many occasions of public health awareness open to the population.
Looking forward for “CONNECTING the EXPERTS, to properly INFORMING the PATIENTS”, we look forward for welcoming you with open arms during scientifically, socially and morally valuable
YOU ARE INVITED BY
A recent scientific publication pointed out a frightening data: 40% of the top shared healthcare web links contained text classified as “FAKE NEWS”. Even more frightening: these fake news have been shared more than 450.000 times (Waszak PM. et al. The spread of medical fake news in social media –The pilot quantitative study . Health Pol Tech 2018;7(2):115-18).
As always, the value of a meeting not only weighs in what it provides during the meeting days, rather in what remains afterwards. The v-WINter2021 meeting will bring together the most renowned Experts in the venous & lymphatic field, so to create a consensus document AGAINST Fake News in Phlebo-lymphology. v-WINter2021 will include the 10th International Inter-university meeting, welcoming a significant amount of recent and valuable venous & lymphatic research, together with “instructions for users” and a nourished selection of free abstracts and a direct involvement of the youngest generations and of all the continents.
1. to create a consensus document dedicated to FAKE NEWS FREE information for venous-lymphatic patients.
2. to ignite a communication project in several languages addressed to proper patient information on venous-lymphatic diseases.
3. to deliver an insight on evidence-based data in phlebo-lymphology.
4. to provide the current phlebo-lymphology state of the art around the world, with special attention to countries with limited economic possibility.
5. to provide practical notions to be used in every day practice.
6. to actively involve to focus on Gender Equality in phlebo-lymphology.
7. to promote new research visibility.
8. to involve new generations.
9. to enhance public venous & lymphatic awareness.
10. to promote a moral & productive teamwork between industries and scientific organizations for phlebo-lymphology advancement and better patient-care.
1. Pre/peri/post meeting teamwork among world leading experts for the creation of a consensus document on FAKE NEWS FREE patient information.
2. Teamwork with big communication channels (EXPO Dubai, Universities, Scientific Societies, Health & Sport Institutions, Rotary, dedicated Media etc) for a dedicated campaign in different languages, including arabic.
3. World renowned faculty of experts.
4. Sessions involving scientific societies from all around the world, with special attention to countries with limited economic opportunities.
5. ”Instructions for users” sessions & dedicated hands on live educational experiences.
6. Sessions & initiatives dedicated to Gender Equality.
7. Wide room in the scientific program for free abstracts presentation.
8. Direct involvement of under 40s in the scientific program & in the consensus document drafting.
9. Sport, social & cultural activities promoting public venous & lymphatic awareness.
10. Round tables among Industries and Scientific Organizations focused on moral and productive Phlebo-lymphology advancement.