vWINter days meeting
Gliding on the GUIDELINES in Phlebology, Lymphology & Aesthetics
Cortina d’Ampezzo – Italian Alps
January 23 – 25, 2019
under the auspices of
(Eng, Spa, Ita)
GLIDING on the GUIDELINES
After the 6th International Interuniversity meeting in Albarella Island, this year venous-lymphatics World International Network (vWIN) foundation has the joy of inviting all of you in the most exclusive location on the IItalian Alps.
The scientific occasion is a Not for Profit top quality meeting dedicated to the current phlebo-lymphology guidelines and to the related need of scientific advancement
Since one of the vWIN aims is the involvement of younger generations, the current guidelines will be presented by under 40 yo international speakers. The most renown world experts will be involved as “Masters”, grooming the presenters, discussing the guidelines and suggesting future research need.
Top quality speakers from all around the world will enrich the scientific sessions and the hands-on activities with their expertise and evidence based data.
In such scenario, the social moments of the vWINter days already include snowshoeing in the most stunning nature, winter sport practice, cultural and shopping top quality experiences in the village.
An intense social program is awaiting both health professionals and not health professionals, with the aim of increasing public venous awareness while having fun all together.
These pleasant activities include both cultural and sport activities, both in Cortina downtown and on the most enchanting surrounding Alps. A perfect scenario for gliding on the scientific guidelines, during socially and morally enjoyable vWINter days.
YOU ARE INVITED BY
Guidelines become outdated as new evidence is published, so requiring a constant reassessment: 1 out of 5 recommendations are outdated after 3 years (Garcia LM. CMAJ 2014;186: 1211–1219).
vWINter days meeting will offer the chance to have a deep insight in the current recommendations and in the future lines of research inside the phlebo-lymphology world.
Dedicated hands-on sessions will provide the opportunity to become familiar with all the most innovative diagnostic and therapeutic instruments.
A faculty including the most renown experts from all around the world, together with delegates from all the major international societies, will allow a true interexchange of professional and personal experience.
Local population, tourists and meeting attendees will gather together for social and sport initiatives aimed to increase public venous awareness, in a joyful atmosphere, under the auspices of the most important academic, scientific, social and sport institutions.
Last but not least, the meeting organization takes pride in declaring that eventual proceedings from the meeting will be fully donated to educational, research and humanitarian missions.: a way to enjoy not only a top quality scientific meeting, but also a pleasant public event positively impacting public health and international humanitarian support.
MEET THE INTERNATIONAL UNION OF PHLEBOLOGY EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
vWINter days meeting will be the venue of the
annual reunion of the International Union of Phlebology (UIP) Executive Committee. All the charges of the Executive Committee will be available to meet the attendees for whatever need or request during dedicated moments of the meeting.
The RULES OF THE GAME
It’s the meeting vision to foster top quality science, but also social interaction.
For this reason the dresscode can be casual, but the “rules of the game” will be strict
- Mics will be shut down once the speaker assigned time has expired.
- For each session an under 40yo speaker will present the current Guidelines.
- Top specialists will present innovative evidence based data produced in the last 3 years. An under 40 yo and an expert discussant will make a pertinent question to the speaker.
- The “Masters”, world renown experts on the topic, will point out the critical points of the Guidelines and of the presented investigations. The discussion from the audience will close the session.
- Simultaneous translation in ITA, SPA, ENG. Slides in ENG. Talk in ENG, SPA, ITA.
- Interaction is crucial: parallel workshops, hands-on courses and social activities are planned with this aim. Everybody is strongly suggested to take part in them.
- All the booths are educational corners with several educational activities. Only the attendees who will have taken part in at least two educational activities in these booths and who will have attended at least 90% of the meeting will be eligible for the raffle prize of a free registration + travel check for one of the international meetings related to the vWIN foundation.
The vWINter days meeting has been designed in accordance with
the accreditation requirements and policies of the Italian Council for Continuing Medical Education.